Custom Search

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Surprise Root Cause of Dog Poop - Drive By Doo

Dog involved in drive-by dog pooping - Castro, San Francisco CA, 94114
The other day I was walking home from work, and witnessed something unexpected, a surprising new explanation for dog pooping.

A car drove up, stopped to park, and out popped a lady with a samll dog (the one you see in the photo). Never one to miss a photo opp, I stopped to wait and watch.  Mostly, I wanted to be present to influence the need to pick-up, should the owner be tempted to dump and run. The poor pup eventually did it right then and there on the sidewalk, much to the lady's chagrin (see 2nd photo).  She had no bag ready, and had to go back to the car for supplies. Kudos to her for making the effort to clean the runny doo.

Runny dog poop from drive-by dog pooping - Castro, San Francisco CA, 94114
I must confess that I felt a little guilty. The pup probably wasn't feeling well and needed a pit stop.  On the otherhand, without bag in hand, I suspect this would have been a drive-by dump and run.

Return Home: The Dog Doo Rants Blog - http://dogdoorants.blogspot.com/
Return Home (mobile):  http://dogdoorants.mofuse.mobi/

1 comment:

  1. As a dog owner, and it looks like she has a new puppy, we keep bags with us all the time. Seriously. The forgotten ones in our jean pockets end up in the washer/dryer. We also keep them stuffed in the car seats.

    Confession/full disclosure: when our dog had the runs once long ago, and started pooping runny poop on a nice area close to a house, I was so ashamed that I didn't catch her - I scooped up some of their nice landscaping in an attempt to clean her mess. Lesson learned & that never happened again. Hopefully for this lady with the puppy too.

    ReplyDelete